We’re in the full swing of Summer and Gozo’s calendar of events is teeming with all sorts of activities every day of the week.
Here’s a quick list of what you should not be missing out on this season:
1) Marsalforn Mondays – Don’t miss out the live entertainment every Monday in Marsalforn from 9.30pm to 11.00 pm.
2) Mġarr Fridays – Similarly, every Friday, different bands will provide live entertainment at Mġarr Harbour from 9.30pm to 11.00pm.
3) Wrecked – The Gozo Takeover – A night of commercial and underground music at La Grotta on Sat 21st from 11.00pm to 4.00am.
4) DCapitals Live – The third edition of the DCapitals Live at the Citadel under the direction Mro George Apap, will take place on Sat 28th July from 9.00pm to 11.00pm. Guest singer Fabrizio Faniello, will join resident singers Francesca Sciberras, Jolene Samhan and Fabian Galea for an unforgettable night of great music.
5) Opera vs Pop – A concert of operatic arias and pop arrangements, that’s taking place at the Gozo’s Ministry Courtyard, on Monday 31st July, at 8.30pm. The concert is being presented by Gozo Youth Orchestra with the participation of international and local artists.
6) Sax Under the Stars II – For the second time, Sax under the Starts will be held at Xwejni Saltpans on 4th August at 7.30pm. A night of brassy music entertainment will accompany a lavish dinner.
7) Cosa Nostra – The Gathering – Another great night awaits, at La Grotta on Sat 4th August from 10.00pm to 4am. Line up includes STEREOCALYPSE (innervisions), BRIGADO CREW (Diynamic), THE ELEMENT (Engrave ltd) and VOOR (Kollektik).
8) Sensations – Set on the 14th of August, on the eve of a public holiday from 11.00pm to 4.00am this is another date to dance the night away.
9) Organ Fireworks – Not to be missed, an organ concert at the St. John the Baptist Parish Church, Xewkija, on Saturday 25th Augsut from 7.30pm to 9.00pm, featuring British organist Luke Mitchell.
10) Stage and Proms on the Sea – Happening at the Mġarr Marina, on Monday 10th September at 8.30pm, this is a spectacular concert, that is typical of the London west-end shows. This concert is being presented by the Gozo Youth Wind Band Orchestra.
11) Qala International Folk Festival – Closing off the summer season is the Qala International Folk Festival, spanning 3 days from Friday 21st September to Sunday 23rd September. Now in its 13th edition, this festival has become a regular in Gozo’s cultural calendar.
*Most events listed here are free of charge but some require booking through the private organisers. Some of the free events require registration. Check out full event details of the specific events to avoid disappointment.