Ta’ Sannat was one of the first villages in Gozo to become a parish separate from ir-Rabat in 1688. The building of the present parish church dedicated to St Margaret the Martyr commenced on the site of a smaller church in 1718, but underwent several structural changes in the 1860s.
The church was first consecrated in 1755 and then, after structural adaptations, it was re-consecrated in 1868. It was raised to Archipresbyteral status in 1893. The altarpiece was painted by the well-known local artist Stefano Erardi.
The festa is celebrated each year around the third week of July.
Accessible for persons with a disability.