The Blue Dolphin of Malta Underwater Photographic Competition, first held in 1987 as part of the CMAS World Congress in Malta will be re-organised for its 12th Edition in Gozo on the 09-11th November 2017 with the assistance of the Ministry for Gozo.
The competition aims to bring together local and International underwater photographers to compete together for the best set of photos in three categories:
• Ambient – Wide Angle Photography
• Macro (Non Fish) Photography
• Macro (Fish) Photography
The competition is further split in two classes to segregate advanced and beginner photographers based on the equipment used and thus enabling participants to pitch their skills amongst photographers of similar experience and using relatively similar levels of equipment. Relative beginners will thus not be discouraged.
Dates proposed for foreign participants are between 08-12th November and programme outline is as follows:
• Wednesday 8th Arrivals Start and familiarising with local conditions
• Thursday 9th Technical Meeting 20:00 at the Competition Base in Gozo
• Friday 10th Competition dives held one in the morning and another in the afternoon – Dive Sites around Gozo chosen depending on prevailing weather conditions.
• Saturday 11th Presentation 18:00 at the Competition Base in Gozo
• Sunday 12th Departures
Further information may be obtained from the event website at www.bluedolphinofmalta.org.mt
Photos by www.davidagius.netOPEN IN GOOGLEMAPS