The VisitGozo website is maintained and administered by the Ministry for Gozo (MGOZ).
Accessing the website
Access to the website is permitted on a temporary basis, and we reserve the right to withdraw or amend the information and/or services we provide on the website without notice.
We will use reasonable endeavours to ensure that this website is available 24 hours, 7 days a week. We will not, however, be liable if for any reason the website is unavailable at any time or for any period.
From time to time, we may restrict access to some parts of the website, or the entire website, to users who have registered.
If you choose, or you are provided with, a user identification code, password, or any other piece of information as part of our security procedures, you must treat such information as confidential, and you must not disclose it to any third party. We have the right to disable any user identification code or password, whether chosen by you or allocated by us, at any time, if in our opinion you have failed to comply with any of the provisions of these terms and conditions of use.
When using the website, you must refrain from making or doing anything listed under the “Prohibited Uses” section of these terms and conditions.
You are responsible for making all arrangements necessary for you to have access to the website. You are also responsible for ensuring that all persons who access the website through your internet connection are aware of these terms and conditions, and that they comply with them.
Use of this Website
These terms and conditions regulate the access to information posted on this website including information on tourism products and services, subscription to news and events and posting of reviews.
Information on Tourism Products and Service Providers
VisitGozo provides information on tourism related products and service providers. Although the information provided on this website is supplied by the Operators themselves and to the best of our knowledge is correct, we are not responsible for their accuracy. We will not accept any responsibility for any loss or damage in whatever manner that may arise from the use of contact and descriptive details as provided within this website. You should seek confirmation of the accuracy of such information directly from the Operator concerned. You hereby agree that use of such information provided therein is at your own risk and responsibility. The same applies to any information about third party products and services that may be contained in electronic news bulletins or other forms of communication issued by VisitGozo.
Information on Events
VisitGozo provides information on various events occurring around Gozo and Comino. Although the information provided on this website is supplied by the various Event organisers themselves and to the best of our knowledge is correct, we are not responsible for their accuracy and give no warranty for their safety and security. We will not accept any responsibility for any loss or damage in whatever manner that may arise from the use of contact and descriptive details as provided within this website. You should seek confirmation of the accuracy of such information directly from the Operator concerned. We will not accept any responsibility for any injury in whatever manner that may arise from your participation within any Event. You hereby agree that use of such information provided therein and participation within events is at your own risk and responsibility.
What happens when you visit our web portal?
When you visit this website, a record of your visit is kept for statistical and research purposes only. This provides us with an insight on the sections of our website that are most visited and of most interest to you. These records may also be kept when you use the interactive features of this website. The information that is kept is:
- Your server address
- Your top-level domain name (e.g. .com, .net, .uk)
- The date and time you visited this site
- The pages of this site you accessed
- The documents you downloaded
- The previous site you visited
- The type of web browser you use
We will not use this information for identification purposes. However, this information may be used for this purpose in the unlikely event that a government law enforcement body or other similar party obtains and exercises a warrant, subpoena, or similar legal order to obtain access to our service provider’s logs.
Subscribing for E-Mail News & Updates
If you decide to register to receive information from us, such as details of events or activities of interest to you, we may ask you to submit information on preferences and some personal details. This information will be stored for our use only for the following purposes:
- For research and statistics;
- To identify your interests; and
- To add your name to our mailing list (with your consent only).
Our aim in collecting this information is to be able to provide a more relevant and timely service on information related to Gozo and Comino. As a result, you may receive information from us relating to your preferences and interest. You may unsubscribe from the mailing lists at any time.
If you unsubscribe from our mailing lists, your name will be automatically removed from our database mailing lists, but we will not be responsible for ensuring that even our tourism partners will remove your name from their mailing lists.
Ranking of Accommodation
The default sorting of accommodation featured on VisitGozo is alphabetical order. For your convenience we offer other sorting options. We reserve the right to modify the sorting options at any time without notice.
This website offers a reviews feature to provide interaction between visitors and tourism operators. This feature allows you to post reviews for the purpose of informing other visitors of your opinion of the service and the quality of a particular tourism product and or service. We reserve the right to remove reviews that:
- contain abusive, obscene, indecent or offensive language, or link to obscene or offensive material
- contain swear words or other sorts of profanity
- are not relevant to product and or service
- contain abusive language towards another individual involved in the thread, tourism operator or the website administration
- constitute spam or promote or advertise products. Information about locating and sharing knowledge and expertise is welcomed, but related to the specific tourism service and or products
- are designed to cause nuisance to the tourism operator and or website administration or any other users
Reviews are the subjective opinion of visitors. We will not accept any responsibility for any loss or damage (including but not limited to damages resulting from loss of business or loss of profit) in whatever manner that may arise from the use this website.
We reserve the right to disable the comments feature at any time without notice.
You may use the website only for lawful purposes. You may not use the website:
- In any way that breaches any applicable local, national or international law or regulation.
- In any way that is unlawful or fraudulent, or has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect.
- In any way which may infringe our rights or the rights of third parties;
- To post, transmit or disseminate any information on or via the Website which is obscene, defamatory or in any way harmful;
- To obtain or attempt to obtain unauthorised access to the Website;
- To alter, deface or interfere with the Website in any way;
- To knowingly transmit any data, send or upload any material that contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time-bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware or any other harmful programs or similar computer code designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer software or hardware;
- Attempt to gain unauthorized access to any portion or feature of the services, or any other systems or networks connected to the services or to any Government of Malta server, or to any of the services offered on or through the website, by hacking, password “mining” or any other illegitimate means;
- To probe, scan or test the vulnerability of the website, including the services or any network connected to the website, nor breach the security or authentication measures on the website, including the services or any network connected to the website, including the services;
- To reverse look-up, trace or seek to trace the source of any information on any other user of or visitor to the website, or any other customer of the Government of Malta, including any service account not owned by you or exploit the website or any service or information made available or offered by or through the website, in any way where the purpose is to reveal any information, including but not limited to personal identification or information, other than your own information, as provided for by the website or any service provided through the website;
- To forge headers or otherwise manipulate identifiers in order to disguise the origin of any message or transmittal you send to the Government of Malta on or through the website or any service offered on or through the website. You may not pretend that you are, or that you represent, someone else, or impersonate any other person or entity unless authorised.
We reserve the right to disclose your personal information to any competent law enforcement authorities in the event of a breach of the preceding paragraph.
You also agree:
- Not to reproduce, duplicate, copy or re-sell any part of the website in contravention of the provisions of these terms and conditions.
- Not to access without authority, interfere with, damage or disrupt:
- any part of the website;
- any equipment or network on which the website is stored;
- any software used in the provision of the website; or
- any equipment or network or software owned or used by any third party.
- Not to use any “page-scrape”, “robot”, “spider” or other automatic device, program, algorithm or methodology, or any similar or equivalent manual process, to access, acquire, copy or monitor any portion of the services or any content provided through this website, or in any way reproduce or circumvent the navigational structure or presentation of the services or any content, to obtain or attempt to obtain any materials, documents or information through any means not purposely made available through the website. We reserve the right to bar any such activity.
- Not to take any action that imposes an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on the infrastructure of the website or Government of Malta systems or networks, or any systems or networks connected to the website.
- Not to use any device, software or routine to interfere or attempt to interfere with the proper working of the website, including the services, or any transaction being conducted on the website with any other person or entity using the website, including the services.
Links to other websites
Links to other websites are provided for your information only. We do not monitor or review and have no control over the contents of these sites. We will not accept any responsibility for any loss or damage in whatever manner that may arise from your use of them.
Links to this website
You may set links to this website, in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it, but you must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists. We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice.
The website must not be framed on any other site.
Intellectual Property Rights
We are the owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights in the website, and in the material published on it. Those works are protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved.
You may print off copies, and may download extracts, of any page(s) from the website for your personal reference and you may draw the attention of others within your organisation to material posted on the website; however, any printing copying or downloading should observe terms and conditions of use, including accreditation of any materials / images / video content downloaded, to visitgozo.com and cannot be used for promotional reasons unless prior consent is sought from visitgozo.com.
You must not modify the paper or digital copies of any materials you have printed off or downloaded in any way, and you must not use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences or any graphics separately from any accompanying text.
Changes to the website
We aim to update the website regularly, and may change the content at any time. If the need arises, we may suspend access to the website, or close it indefinitely. Any of the material on the website may be out of date at any given time, and we are under no obligation to update such material.
We will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by a distributed denial-of-service attack, viruses or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, computer programs, data or other proprietary material due to your use of the website or to your downloading of any material posted on it, or on any website linked to it.
We are committed to protecting our visitors’ privacy and we will not collect any personal information about you as a visitor unless you provide it voluntarily.
Pursuant to the Data Protection Act 2001 which came fully into force on 15 July 2003, we have a legal duty to respect and protect any personal information we collect from you and we will abide by such duty. We take all safeguards necessary to prevent unauthorised access and we do not pass on your details collected from you as a visitor and/or user, to any third party unless you give us your consent to do so and unless we are compelled to do so by law.
If you give your consent, we may pass on generic, but never specific, personal information, to our tourism partners for purposes of research and marketing. We disclaim any responsibility or liability for the use that our tourism partners make of such information. We shall not be responsible for any direct, indirect, punitive, incidental, consequential or other damages arising from unauthorized access to or alteration of or unlawful transmission of data by third parties.
As a visitor, we collect three types of information on you:
- Contact or feedback information;
- Web page download information;
- Site usage information
Some of the interactive features of this site, including the registration form requires you to enter personal information. Mandatory information includes:
- Email address
- Preferred Language
Additional (not mandatory) information includes:
Failure to enter the mandatory information related to the above will result in the registration not being processed. We store this information in encrypted format, and dispose of it once the purpose for which it was collected has been achieved. The length of time for which it is stored may vary according to the purpose for which it has been collected.
When you fill the form on the “Contact Us” page, we use the personal information submitted in the form only to respond to your message. This personal information will not be kept longer than necessary and will be deleted once the feedback requirement is met. Mandatory information includes:
- Full name
- Email address
Failure to enter information related to the above will result in the form not being sent.
This privacy statement applies only to this web portal and not to any third party sites that are linked from this site. By using this website, you consent to such processing, and you warrant that all data provided by you is accurate.
If you have any queries in relation to personal information on you, if any, held by us please contact us on the email address provided under “Contact Us” section.
All effort has been made to ensure that this website is accessible to persons with disability. If you have any difficulty accessing information on this website please contact us and we will do our best to assist you.
Access to Information
Any person or organisation, who has registered with this web portal, and who believes that we have gathered and stored personal information relating to them, may request to view that information under the provisions of the relevant data protection laws. Any requests are to be made using the Contact Us form within the ‘Contact Us’ page.