At Ta’ Mena Estate, you will find yourself immersed in the typical Gozitan country-side, surrounded by a natural and calm environment, and breathtaking views : Malta’s sister is characterised by its peaceful and rural environment, signs of quality and tradition.
The Estate is situated in the picturesque Marsalforn Valley between Victoria and Marsalforn Bay. It includes a fruit garden, an olive grove with about 1500 olive trees, an orange grove, and over 10 hectares of vineyards. It enjoys the panoramic views of the Gozo Citadel and the surrounding hills and villages.
We offer a large range of local products such as our Traditional Kunserva Tomato Paste, Pure Gozo Honey, Jams, Cheeses, Pates, and our Cold Pressed Extra Virgin Olive Oil. Most of the fruits, olives, herbs and vegetables come from our Estate, and they are all produced using traditional methods and slow cooking with natural ingredients only.
We also produce wines, characterised by the “Island Effect” in our state-of-art winery and made from our Gozitan estate vines. Our blends have been certified as GOZO D.O.K. Wines, the highest wine certification in Malta. We insure a strict control of the process from the vine to the bottle by practicing rigid green pruning, traditional methods in the vineyards and the best wine producing practices.
Through Ta’ Mena Estate, you will learn about our wines and food processing, symbol of our Gozitan culture and family traditions.
At Ta’ Mena Estate we organise different activities such as guided tours around the estate followed by wine and food tasting, lunches and dinners, barbecues, snacks, cooking sessions, full/half day activities, etc. We also offer agricultural experiences including fruit picking, wine-making, olive-oil pressing and more.
Moreover, here at Ta’ Mena, we set up the Estate so we can host anniversary and birthday receptions, conferences, weddings and other functions… with a green touch ! The catering for any of these occasions can be provided by our team.
The estate offers a unique holiday, far away from the complicated and stressful daily life of the modern era. You will relax and revitalize yourself while savoring some of the Mediterranean history and nature at its best.
More than our products, this is the passion for our profession but also our land that we want to share : Gozo has so much to offer. Come and enjoy the Gozitan experience !
Opening hours of the Estate, GOZO : Monday-Saturday 10am-5:30pm
You can also find our products in Malta : Triq il-Pitkali corner with Triq il-Gibjun, Attard. – Opening hours : from 9.00am till 1.00pm and from 4.00pm till 7.00pm from Monday to Friday and all day on Saturday
Our different activities :
- Estate Tours every Saturday at 1.00pm, weather permitting. We can also organise tours for groups of not less than 15 persons any day of the week except Sundays.
- We organise the guided tours around our extensive vineyards and olive grove followed by wine and food tasting session.
- We can organise private tours, lunches or dinners on any weekday for groups of at least 20 persons. Individuals can always check if we have booked groups so that they can join them. We offer different traditional Gozitan dishes according to season and focaccia that is freshly baked in our stone oven. Kindly contact us for quotations.
- From June until mid October we also organise a guided tour of the estate followed by a wine & food tasting session every Thursday at 4:30pm. All tours depend on bookings. The tour and tasting event will take around two hours.
- During the summer season we organise wine and food festivals, BBQ or pizza nights and other similar events. Follow our Facebook page, Ta’ Mena Estate, for more details during the year.
- Pre-booking is necessary.
- PLEASE NOTE that on Sundays only the Shop is open. Other activities are not organised at the Estate.